Post 212. A Fairy Tale
Once upon a time
...
Then they lived happily ever after
Those were the tales
I heard as a child
Those were the days
When happiness was wild
I don't remember everything
I remember a neighbor
A pretty girl
Named Mary
She did not have
A little lamb
She was shy
And was pretty
All the young boys
Had a crush on her
She was the typical
Blonde with blue eyes
There was a sparkle
In the way she walked
We all knew she would
Marry a handsome rich man
After all, she comes from
A religious family
But misfortune came
Her father died in a war
Her mother lost her mind
And Mary became depressed
When she was 18
An elder man approached her
In a park and offered her
A job in the city
He promised her riches
And gave her assurance
I know not what happened to her
And if she ever got married...